Frequently Asked Questions
Shipping and Delivery FAQ
New Country Organics ships small packages by UPS Ground anywhere in the Continental U.S. Delivery times are generally 1-3 business days throughout the lower 48 states. If you want six bags or less, this is the way to go!
Orders over 300lbs can be shipped by truck motorfreight on a single skid, or pallet, at rates that are often substantially less than small package rates. We can pack up to forty-five 50lb bags on a single pallet for a flat shipping rate - generating the lowest shipping cost per bag. You may need a “liftgate,” and a truck needs to be able to access your property. If you have not had a tractor-trailer deliver a pallet of goods to your property, please give us a call at 888-699-7088 and we will be happy to discuss the requirements for pallet delivery.
In general, a truck must be able to turn around on your drive or meet you at the end of the drive. You must unload the product from the truck with either a liftgate, tractor, forklift, or by hand. The driver will not do this for you. Any damage must be reported to the driver in order to process a damage claim. Again, please give us a call to discuss. Short of visiting our mill outlet, this is the least expensive way to receive our products.
We export! However, the process is more cumbersome as import permits and export certificates often need to be secured. Please call us on 540-469-0694 to discuss if you wish to import our products into your country. Generally, this is only feasible for larger quantities.
Your OrderOrdering We take online orders 24/7 at our online store. Please click here to place your order. You can also place an order with our national customer service team by telephone at 888-699-7088 Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST. We can never accept an order left by voicemail. You will receive an automated email from us confirming that we have received your order once we have initiated it, and again when we ship it. Please check the accuracy of your order immediately when you receive the email. We are only responsible for shipping what is on the order. The second email has your tracking number. No email from us? Please check your spam or junk folder. Can’t find it? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888-699-7088 to confirm that we have your order. We can accept change requests on non-tote orders up until 2pm the business day before your order is scheduled to ship.How quickly do you ship after I place my order? We typically ship (Monday through Friday) in-stock items within 1 to 2 business days after we receive your order. Our order cut-off time is 2:00 PM EST. Orders received before the cut-off typically ship the next business day. Orders received on Friday before 2pm ship Monday. If we are delivering to you on our truck, we need to receive your order no later than 2:00 PM two business days before the scheduled run so that we have sufficient time to plan the next day’s route, and pack the truck in the right order. (Our trucks leave very early in the morning and are loaded the day before a run.) Half-ton and full-ton totes can take up to 5 business days to process into our production schedule.
Payment CardsWe accept debit or credit cards branded by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and Paypal.
Personal ChecksWe accept personal checks in our mill outlets. Our drivers can never receive cash or checks. If you send a check to us for a shipment, we will ship once we receive payment. We do not accept post-dated checks, nor can we delay presenting a check to our bank for payment.
Custom Feed BlendsAt customer request, we can prepare customized feeds for a two ton minimum order size. We charge a fee of $125 per order for this service. This fee does not include organic certification of your custom mix (currently $100) should that be required. Your order will need to be sandwiched into our production plan, so we can’t guarantee immediate turnaround. Custom feed orders can take from 5 to 10 business days to process into our production schedule.
Returns, Exchanges and Refund Policy
We guarantee New Country Organics branded products such as our feeds and minerals. If you purchased the feed from us directly and it is flawed or defective, please call us right away at 888-699-7088. We will need photographs and documentation of the problem as well as the lot sticker on the bottom of the bag.
If you receive a pallet shipment and it is damaged, you must have the driver record the damage upon delivery, on the freight company’s bill of lading. Freight shipping companies will only give credit for goods damaged in transit if the driver acknowledges and documents the damage on the freight company’s copy.
If you received a small package that has been damaged in transit, please take photographs of the damage and contact us right away.
If you purchased our product directly from a reseller, please return it to the store from where you purchased it.
In the event you wish to return an item you purchased directly from us, we will accept the return within 30 days of purchase. However, we require documentation of the sale, the bag must be unopened, and we will charge a 15% restocking fee. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and the original shipping charge is not eligible for a refund. If the original offer was a “Shipping Included” promotion, the original shipping costs will also be deducted from the refund.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact information – This category includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information primarily used to contact you.
- Transactional information – This category includes information about items you purchased and your method of payment, such as a payment card. Note that payment card transactions go through our vendor, so we do not have the full card number itself.
- Interests and preferences – This category includes information about the types of product that interest you, and your preferences regarding various products and services.
- Network information – This category includes your IP address, the browser type you use or similar system information, and the pages you view within the website.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you –
- If you ask a question or make a request, you will need to provide sufficient contact information for us to respond. This is usually done through a sign-up form or similar mechanism, and usually includes obtaining your consent to contact you.
- If you transact business with us, you will need to provide sufficient information to enable the transaction.
- Internally – Our records include what you purchased and when you purchased it.
- Passively through our website - We collect network and information security information when you visit our website. Also, our site uses "cookies" to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device by a website server. You can accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying your browser settings. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience fully some features of our website.
Please note that we also collect aggregated data, such as website analytics data, and use remarketing tactics through social media, which does not require or provide identification of the user.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions and requests, including “Find A Dealer Near You”;
- To process transactions with you;
- To offer products and services that we think will interest you;
- To improve your overall shopping experience with us; and
- To protect our network, systems, and data, including personal information.
When We Share Personal Information
We will never sell your information. We will not share your personal information unless it is required to meet your request (such as providing contact information to shipping or marketing vendors, or transactional information to financial vendors) or we are legally compelled to provide it to a government agency.
How We Protect Personal Information
New Country Organics has established, implemented, and maintains reasonable administrative, technical, and physical data security practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of your personal data.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We keep any collected personal information for as long as it is necessary to satisfy your requests and comply with legal requirements.
Access We Provide Regarding Your Personal Information
Upon your request, we are happy to:
- Give you access to, and/or a copy of, the personal information we have about you;
- Work with you to update or correct the personal information; and
- Delete incorrect information, or information that we are not legally required to keep.
You may submit your request through a request form, or may email your request to us at email@example.com.
Personal Information of Children
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please contact us.
A Note to Residents of States and Countries with general privacy laws
Residents of the United Kingdom and the European Union – We are not established and do not operate within the UK and the EU. We don’t offer goods and service in the UK and the EU, and do not monitor the behavior of UK and EU residents. For these reasons, we are not within the scope of the privacy laws of the UK and EU.
Residents of California and Colorado – We are growing rapidly, but have not yet reached the size at which CA and/or CO privacy laws apply.
Updates to this Notice
Please contact us if you have questions.
New Country Organics
801 2nd Street
Waynesboro, VA 22980