HAVE AN EXCELLENT EQUINE EXPERIENCE
Horses are sensitive, social creatures. They thrive with room to roam, friends, and a diet that supports gut health. We often say that your horse is a mirror of you, but your horse is also a mirror of its gastrointestinal tract. New Country Organics horse products help protect gut health by providing broad-spectrum probiotics and digestive enzymes, calcium, and other bioavailable vitamins and minerals.
If you're new to horse ownership, here are a few pointers:
Space Requirements: Two acres per horse with safe fencing to prevent entanglement.
Shelter Requirements: Your horse will have better health from hoof to tail if he has access to shelter. This can be in the form of a run-in shed, a bedded stall in a barn, etc. Trees offer excellent shade for summer months but can increase the risk of electrocution during a thunderstorm.
Nutritional Needs: Plenty of fresh water, healthy pasture forage grown from nutrient-dense soil, free choice salt and minerals, probiotics for an emphasis on hind gut fermenter health, and a feed/grain regiment if your horse has extra energy needs. Call or email our Customer Care Team if you need help building an organic, soy-free program for your equine.
Predators: Coyotes, bears, wild cats, buzzards, and those spooky stray plastic bags (your horse will see them before you do!).
Pests/Parasites: Flies, mosquitoes, ticks, intestinal parasites.
- Organic means no insecticides, herbicides, or GMOs.
- Pesticides used in conventional farming such as dicamba, 2-4-D, gluphosinate, and neonicotinoids can be harmful to your horse's digestive system (think of it like toxic sludge building-up in the hindgut). Want to learn more? Check out our blog! Spoiler alert: Non-GMO products still follow conventional farming practices and often still contain high amounts of these chemical residues. That's why we believe organic is the gold standard of agriculture.
GO SOY FREE
- Soy is high in phytoestrogens, which can create hormonal imbalances in developing and mature horses (likely making your entire herd's weight more difficult to regulate, among other possible issues). Learn more.
- Soy is high in phytic acid. Monogastric animals like horses, chickens, pigs, and humans don't produce the enzyme phytase. Without phytase, phytic acid can block uptake of vitamins and minerals.
- Soy is high in trypsin inhibitors. Trypsin is an enzyme that helps break down many different proteins. Inhibition of trypsin contributes to allergies (which manifest as hives, heaves, and miscellaneous skin "funks").
Our system is simple. Your herd's benefit is profound.
New Country Organics proudly offers three balanced horse feeds: Low Starch, Performance Horse, and Elite Competitor. We are also a dealer for fiber supplements such as Stance Equine Coolstance Copra and British Horse Feeds products Fibre-Beet and Speedi-Beet. These supplements can be combined with our feeds to meet your herd's unique gut health needs without over-energizing or over-saturating their diets with grains.
If you need help finding the right program for your horse or herd, feel free to give us a call at 888-699-7088 and ask for one of our equine specialists.
Ready to get your herd started? Visit our Equine Store now!