Cool Stance copra is a unique source of energy because it has low Non Structural Carbohydrate (NSC), and yet has a high digestible energy content. Cool Stance is packed with ‘cool' energy from coconut oil and fibre in coconut meal. Cool Stance copra is suitable for most horses and can be given to support a natural state of gut health and insulin sensitivity, ie normal insulin metabolism (see The post feeding glycaemic and insulin response to copra meal in horses)
Cool Stance copra is made from the white part of the coconut, which has been dried, baked and ground. It is a totally natural product and is chemical and GMO free. The oil in Cool Stance (coconut oil) is saturated and rich in Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCT). This means it is highly stable (not prone to rancidity) and can provide your horse with ready, non glucose energy.
Most horses love the taste of Cool Stance. It is rich in quality protein, and the oil assists with coat condition. Cool Stance may support horses with metabolic disorders including tying up, laminitis or excitable behaviour.
- Cool Stance copra has been administered as a quality supplement to horses for over 30 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fibre (15 MJ DE/kg DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behaviour in horses
- Contains < 11% Non Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a source of low GI energy
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, flaxseed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested.
- MCT from coconut oil may have antimicrobial actions from the Lauric and Caprylic acid
- MCT are thought to support a healthy gut
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May support normal body, hoof and coat health